Quick & Easy At-Home Remedies.
Each Cadette Jewelry purchase comes with a free polishing cloth. As often as possible, rub & clean your jewelry with your polishing cloth to remove any dust, dirt, and mild tarnish it has acquired.
To delay oxidation that takes place, keep your pieces away from moisture, shower steam, and other water activities. And when you’re not wearing your jewelry, store them in an airtight bag.
Here are effective at-home remedies to clean & maximize the lifespan of your Cadette Jewelry, categorized by metal:
BRASS naturally oxidizes over time. This grey hue is often caused by a chemical reaction to items containing sulfer or oxygen in the air. It can be removed with your metal polish & polishing cloth, or with this easy at-home remedy:
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of salt into one-half cup of vinegar, and add flour until the mixture becomes a paste
- Rub into the brass piece, leave for about 10 minutes
- When finished, rinse with clean water and wipe dry with a clean cloth
STERLING SILVER naturally oxidizes over time. This grey hue is often caused by a chemical reaction to items containing sulfer or oxygen in the air. It can be removed with a metal polish & polishing cloth, or with an easy at-home remedy:
- Create a paste with 1 part baking soda and 4 parts lemon juice in a glass bowl
- Dip a lint-free cloth in the solution and rub it on the entire sterling silver piece
- When finished, rinse with clean water and wipe dry with a different clean cloth
GOLD PLATED pieces have a thin layer of 14kt gold over brass. Extra care should be taken to maximize their lifespan. Lustre & shine can be restored using a polishing cloth, but in the event that more cleaning is necessary, use this easy at-home remedy:
- Put together a small bowl of warm water mixed with mild soap (like Dawn) – avoid soaps with beads or irritants that may strip the gold
- Soak your piece in it for a few minutes
- Use a gentle brush or old tooth brush to clean & reach tiny crevices that a polishing cloth can't. Ensure the brush's bristles are soft – I recommend an few month-old tooth brush that has been softened over time
- Dry the piece with a soft dry clean cloth